Darwin Patchworkers and Quilters Inc., (DPAQ) was formed in 1984 by Jenny Armour, Gill Webb and a small number of other quilters.
In 1988 a number of other friendship groups joined forces with the original DPAQ members. The group has continued to grow in numbers and today boasts a healthy membership of keen patchworkers and quilters from all parts of the Northern Territory.
Club meetings are held monthly for those living in the Darwin area and a monthly newsletter is emailed to all members and displayed on this website. Regular workshops are offered featuring local, national or international tutors.
DPAQ contributes to numerous community activities and exhibitions and holds a major sponsored and judged quilt exhibition, Territory Quilts, every second year.
Further information can be downloaded here.
General Club Meetings
- Held the first Monday of the month (Unless public holiday then it defers to the following Monday) 6.45pm for a 7pm start. (No meeting held in January).
- at 96A Winnellie Rd, Winnellie.
- In addition to the usual club business there is always a ‘Show and Tell’ session, and frequently a guest speaker.
- Non-members are welcome at all meetings. Admission is free for first time visitors with subsequent visits costing $5.00 each (includes refreshments).
- Constitution – A copy of the constitution is available here.
- $60 per annum
- Click here to fill in Membership Form
- name badge for first time members
- monthly newsletter emailed to all members or available for download from the website.
- attendance at monthly meetings
- discounts on workshop fees and valuation service
- borrowing rights from club library
- hire of specialist equipment
Snippets Monthly Newsletter deadlines for 2018
Please send all newsletter updates/information to [email protected]
- February Snippets – 22nd January
- March Snippets – 19 February
- April Snippets – 19 March
- May Snippets – 23 April
- June Snippets – 21 May
- July Snippets – 18 June
Events and Activities
An Annual exhibition of members work. Territory residents who are not members are also welcome to enter. The exhibition alternates between Darwin and Alice Springs.
•Members Exhibitions and Sales of Work
from time to time at Tactile Arts, Bullocky Point.
•Royal Darwin Show
The group organises the Patchwork and Quilting display, including judging entries and sponsoring prize.
A trained committee makes valuations of quilts for insurance purposes and for fundraising events
•Quilts of Love
Members participate in making quilts for bereaved parents of newborn babies at the hospitals and through the community health care centres.